Bloggurat
          rss       feed       personal mail       professional mail       msn       facebook       linkedin        

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Hardware problems solved, for now...


Hardware problems… I called Dell, complaining of my servers loss of a hard drive. The support technician suggested that I turned off the machine and took the SCSI cables out and back in. Said that the cables could have fallen out while in Transport.

I was not convinced. Turning off a new production server to do this sounded to far fetch for me. Still he (finally) convinced me that this was a good idea. IT WORKED!. I have always told people that Dell has a flawless record by my account. No more. If you miss putting the cables in the disks (so that they fall out after a few days in operation), you can’t say you have made a server.

Still I am back with my AJAX server. While it lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home