Bloggurat
          rss       feed       personal mail       professional mail       msn       facebook       linkedin        

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Hardware problems, I hope

Hardware.
I hate being stroked out by hardware. I have this web server I have written (from scratch in a way). But I experience heavy downtime. The last time the disk was physically destroyed. I was certain it was hackers, but when I got to the machine, it complained about not having any boot device…

Upside.
I try to look at the bright side of everything, but hardware failure is a crusher. The only solution I know of is buying more expensive hardware. That costs money. To get the money, you need attention in a budget. To get a budget you need to show some earned value for the amount spent. To show some value of things not crashing you need to see what happens when things go wrong. It is hard to see the bright side of hardware failure.

Hackers.
It is difficult to see how hackers make any contribution to anything. By hackers, I don’t mean the people that makes the tools (say satan or netscan) I mean the average computer users that uses the tools to try to destroy other peoples lives. They are not revolutionaries, they are human bugs.

Hope it was hardware this time too, I will find out tomorrow. Til then, don’t expect anything from my webserver.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:44 PM, November 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:44 PM, November 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home